Vegetable Linguine with White Wine and Parmesan
If you are losing your appetite because of the hot weather, the freshness of this vegetable and white wine pasta recipe might just be what you're looking for!
2 tbsp Olive oil
3 cloves Garlic, chopped
3 Shallots, sliced
2 Large carrots, diced
1 7-ounce package Pre-cut butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/3 pound Young kale, stems and leaves coarsely chopped
1 tbsp Dried thyme
1 cup White wine
8 ounces Whole wheat linguine
1 cup Freshly grated Parmesan
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Boil a large pot of water. Salt the water and add the linguine. Cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot, garlic, squash, and carrots, and cook until vegetables soften, about 7 minutes.
3. Add the thyme and season with salt and pepper. Add the kale and cook until kale wilts down, about 2 minutes.
4. Add wine and cook for another 5 minutes, allowing it to reduce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Add the cooked fettuccini, about 1/4 cup of the water the pasta cooked in, and 2/3 cup of Parmesan. Stir to combine.
6. Transfer to serving plates, top with remaining Parmesan, and serve.