Slow Cooker Chicken in Red Wine
Slow cook process usually allows better distribution of flavors in many recipes and tenderized even the cheapest and toughest meat! Try this slow cooker chicken in red wine recipe, it's easy to make and you can it leave unattended all day while it's cooking!
*Slow cooker is needed for this recipe
6 slices Bacon
8 Boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 lb)
1 bag (16 oz) Ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
8 oz Tiny pearl onions
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Dried thyme leaves
2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
2 Dried bay leaves
1 1/4 cups Dry red wine
3/4 cup Chicken broth
1 lb Fresh small whole mushrooms
2 tbsp Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
2 tbsp Cold water
2 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
1. Line microwavable plate with microwavable paper towel. Add bacon; cover with paper towel. Microwave on High 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp. Crumble bacon.
2. Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken in cooker. Add carrots, onions, bacon, salt, pepper, thyme, garlic, bay leaves, wine and broth.
3. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
4. Skim any fat from surface of chicken mixture. Stir in mushrooms. In small bowl, mix flour and water; stir into chicken mixture. Stir in parsley.
5. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook about 30 minutes longer or until mixture is thickened. Remove bay leaves before serving. Sprinkle with remaining chopped parsley.