Stuffed mushroom white wine sauce
Stuffed mushrooms is a popular hors d'oeuvres dish! If you're going to invite a large group of friends over this weekend, try to serve this dish with wine at home, it is easy to make and will sure be the winner of the night!
24 ounces White Button Mushrooms
1/3 pound Hot Pork Sausage
1/2 whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced
4 cloves Garlic, Finely Minced
1/3 cup Dry White Wine
8 ounces Cream Cheese
1 whole Egg Yolk
3/4 cups Parmesan Cheese, Grated
Salt And Pepper to taste
1. Wipe off or wash mushrooms in cold water. Pop out stems, reserving both parts.
2. Chop mushroom stems finely and set aside.
3. Brown and crumble sausage. Set aside on a plate to cool.
4. Add onions and garlic to the same skillet; cook for 2 minutes over medium low heat.
5. Pour in wine to deglaze pan, allow liquid to evaporate.
6. Add in chopped mushroom stems, stir to cook for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set mixture aside on a plate to cool.
7. In a bowl, combine cream cheese and egg yolk. Stir together with Parmesan cheese.
8. Add cooled sausage and cooled mushroom stems. Stir mixture together and refrigerate for a short time to firm up. Then preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
9. Smear mixture into the cavity of each mushroom, creating a sizable mound over the top.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
11. Allow to cool at least ten minutes before serving; the stuffed mushrooms taste better when not piping hot.