Pairing Wine with Cheese
Wine and cheese work very well together. While there are certainly no rules to uphold, matching wine and cheese carefully can bring out the best flavors in both. Here are some basic guides when pairing cheese and wine:
- White wines match best with soft cheeses and stronger flavors.
- Harder types of cheese like Pecorino can stand up to a wine with a lot of tannins, like a Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Fruity and sweet white wines and dessert wines are easy to match with different cheese types.
- Creamy cheeses, like Brie, pair better with wines that have crisp, fruit flavors.
- Salty cheeses go best with a sweet wine partner like Muscat.
Please use the above information as basic guides, after all the best way to get to know them is to try them yourself! Why not throw in a cheese party this weekend with your friends?